Young Artist Scholarship
Young Artist Scholarship 2020
Are you a passionate, curious and forward thinking artist under 30?
Are you trying, through your practice, to make sense of those maddening, hilarious and vulnerable times we are living?
Do you see your local community in connection with the world at large?
Are you a cross disciplenary thinker and maker?
Is your desire to plug your work into a wider perspective?
Then we got the right stipent for you!
Every year, the Arctic Arts Festival searches for young artists with exciting ideas that they dream of realising. We award two scholarships of up to NOK 150,000 each. The project may contain all genres and art forms, and we are looking for new ideas and angles - usually experimental, genre-crossing and with an international section.The project may contain all genres and art forms, and we are looking for new ideas and angles - usually experimental, genre-crossing and with an international section.
- The applicant must be under 30 years. If there are more applicants together, most of the applicants must be under 30 years.
- The project must be associated with Northern Norway. This means either that the applicants are from or live in Northern Norway or that the project deals with topics related to the region.
- The project will be premiere during the Arctic Arts Festival in the subsequent year (2020).
- The budgeted project support should cover all expenses for the production, including location scouting in Harstad, pre-production, fees and other expenses such as renting a venue, travel, transportation, stay, diet, technique, insurance, etc.
- It is expected that the young artist organizes this self, finds suitable local, bookes travel / stays and provides catering for all involved.
- It is encouraged to apply for further support for the project, but it is not a requirement.
The application must contain a brief description of the idea, detailed budget, progress plan, market plan and information about applicants / contributors.
The deadline for 2020 is April 30, 2019.
For more information, call 77 04 12 30 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org